Brought to you by your veterinarian and the American Veterinary Medical Association
Your pet is important to us. We want your pet to get the right medication, at the right dose, to protect your pet’s health.
IF YOUR PET NEEDS A PRESCRIBED MEDICATION, YOU HAVE OPTIONS FOR GETTING IT FILLED.
• In most cases, we can fill it here for you.
• We can provide you with a prescription.
NOT ALL PHARMACIES ARE THE SAME.
• Not all pharmacies stock the medications your pet may need.
• Ensure that any pharmacy you use is in good standing with your state board of pharmacy. And while some Internet sites that sell pet drugs can be reputable pharmacies, the FDA warns that other online retailers may appear legitimate but may sell contaminated or otherwise unsafe products.
• No pharmacy should be willing to sell you a prescription drug without taking the prescription your veterinarian ordered, because doing so is both unlawful and dangerous.
YOUR PET’S SAFETY IS IMPORTANT.
• Don’t let anyone but your veterinarian make changes to the prescription.
• Never give human drugs, including over-the-counter drugs, to your pet unless instructed to do so by your veterinarian.
• If the pharmacist has questions about the prescription, please ask them to contact us.
• Always follow the prescription directions.
Questions or concerns? Ask us. We are always happy to help.
The veterinarians at Cumming Veterinary Clinic are happy to provide written prescriptions for any medicines your pet needs as long as appropriate client-patient relationship exists ( the pet must have been seen by our doctors within the past 12 months) and the pet is current on any lab test (such as heartworm testing) needed to monitor safety of the prescription requested. You can choose to fill your prescription with any pharmacy you feel comfortable using.
Internet pharmacies provide a low cost route for both people and their pets to have prescriptions filled. These pharmacies typically acquire medicines either outside this country or through "gray market" sources to lower costs below what are normally available to normal pharmacies and veterinarians. Medicines acquired through internet pharmacies are often not guaranteed by the manufacturer as a result of this acquisition process.
The sheer volume of internet pharmacies make it impossible for us to keep up with which may be legitimate and which may be fraudulent. Numerous internet pharmacies have been fined or been under investigation by state and federal agencies for breaking US pharmacy law. As a result, we do not deal directly with any internet pharmacies and encourage our clients to do at least a brief internet search using the name of the internet pharmacy you are considering using and the words "pharmacy license" as your search. If you choose to use an internet pharmacy for your prescriptions, it is solely your responsibility to communicate with the pharmacy.
Please ask one of our veterinary staff if you have any questions concerning your prescription.