A Full Range of Diagnostics
Our comprehensive in-house diagnostics are critical when your pet's health is at stake, and are also important for pre-anesthesia screenings and wellness visits when our primary goal is to rule out (or identify early-on) underlying health conditions. Our testing capabilities also help us manage serious medical problems such as diabetes, Cushing's Disease, Addison's Disease, lymphoma, and congestive heart failure. Our diagnostic equipment and capabilities include the following:
- In-house lab: In addition to bloodwork, urinalysis, and other routine screenings, our in-house laboratory offers advanced testing not typically found outside of emergency centers, including blood gas analysis and cultures for infections.
- Digital Radiographs: We have both full-body and dental digital x-ray equipment.
- EKG: For evaluating heart rhythm.
- Ultrasound: Our GE Logiq 7 Ultrasound, used for all ultrasounds and echocardiograms (ultrasounds of the heart), is the same machine found in many human hospitals.
- PennHip: This hip screening technique enables us to identify, as early as 16 weeks of age, a dog’s susceptibility to canine hip dysplasia (and the painful osteoarthritis that accompanies it). PennHip testing involves taking three x-rays that are submitted for evaluation. This gives us the opportunity to intervene early and prevent or mitigate the severity of hip dysplasia, and helps breeders make informed decisions. For more information, visit www.pennhip.org.
- OFA Certification: For those pursuing certifications from the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) for breeding purposes, we take radiographs of your dog's hips, patellae, and elbows, and send them to the OFA for evaluation.
- Outside Lab Consultations: We work with specialty labs in major veterinary schools around the country, greatly expanding our diagnostic capabilities when needed for complex cases.
- DICOM Server: This standard in human radiology communicates directly with specialists around the country when a consult is needed. This gives us access to board-certified veterinary specialists without having to refer you elsewhere, saving time and money while delivering the highest level of care to your pet.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our diagnostic services.